Sony Pictures Entertainment

www.sonypictures.com
  www.sonypictures.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sony Pictures Entertainment

Expanding Dynamic Company

I have been working at Sony Pictures Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very stable company to work for. Its not recession proof but handles downturns well. There's been a recent emphasis on listening to staff to see how they feel about the company so they can make things better, which is great.. You're generally well looked after and there is room to work up the levels it just doesn't happen very quickly which may be because there isnt as much churn as you may find in other companies. Great work culture..

Cons

The content with regards to the low budget films is all to often cringe worthy and generally morally wrong.
Doesn't make one proud to be associated with it.

Not a lot of assertiveness on decision making from Executives. It takes a very long time to bid for and execute projects/programs.

194 Other Employee Reviews for Sony Pictures Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Not the best internship

Former Employee - Creative Media Marketing in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Creative Media Marketing in Culver City, CA

I worked at Sony Pictures Entertainment as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It was great seeing how a large entertainment company runs. I often was able to see how different departments worked together.

Cons

During the time that I was there was when they were downsizing so there was not very much for me to do.I spent most of my days just reading online and delivery notes around the building or getting coffee. Didn't get to make any connections because most of the staff around me were gone by the end of my internship.

Check in more often with interns to make sure they are being treated fairly and getting the most out of their internships.

Good place to work, but not long term

Current Employee - Coordinator in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Culver City, CA

Pros

Competitive salary, good location, gym access, environment

Cons

No growth opportunity. Management says one thing but do another. No support from above

There are newer employer reviews for Sony Pictures Entertainment