Sony Pictures Television

More with less.

Former Employee - Producer in Culver City, CA
Former Employee - Producer in Culver City, CA

I worked at Sony Pictures Television

Pros

Cool location and good employee discounts

Cons

Management that treated multitasking as a mantra and religion. Using certain technical equipment because "it fit" in the physical location as opposed to being the right piece of technology for the needs.

Lessen the memos, people are not machines.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Sony Pictures Television (View Most Recent)

She works hard for the money (and they sure do treat her right)

Current Employee - Administrative in Westwood, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Westwood, CA

I have been working at Sony Pictures Television

Pros

It's a professional environment with a very stable corporate structure (which is something I'm very grateful to have in these uncertain times). There is low turnover and a good deal of support for furthering one's education in order to grow within the company. At least, that's true in my area. Your mileage may vary.

Cons

Much depends on who you work for. I have been extremely fortunate to work for intelligent, hard-working and fairminded supervisors. But as with any company, there are definitely some higher-ups who I have heard some less-than-glowing things about. I feel very blessed to be in a department where my diligence and hard work is both noticed and rewarded. There are definitely people I would not want to work for here. 9 times out of 10, it becomes pretty clear in the 1st interview what kind of person you'd be working with so you usually know what you're getting into right off the bat. Don't assume anything; ask tons of questions--and network, network, network every chance you get. When things change around here? They change fast and with little or no warning. Be prepared and always have a Plan B.

There's much that is changing for our division right now. I can't complain as I'm one of the lucky ones. Mostly I can only say good things as I have great support from my superiors and am part of a team that is expanding with opportunities to move up within the company. Other than "thank you", I can't add much. I'm in a stable position with opportunity for advancement. Such a deal!

Great company to get noticed, but do not expect to get paid much.

I have been working at Sony Pictures Television full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work environment allows employees at all levels to work directly with executives on a daily basis.

Cons

Company needs to be more organized and the salaries are not competitive.

Company needs to be better structured.

There are newer employer reviews for Sony Pictures Television