There are newer employer reviews for Sony PlayStation

Best Job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Network Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Network Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sony PlayStation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, interesting work, cool people... Lots of training, good budget for gear. Management is competent. Results oriented.

Cons

None. Anything negative I might say would be petty. I guess you could say that we have more work than we could possibly do (and we do) but the management knows this, and doesn't make people work themselves to death to do the impossible. They set priorities. But there's just not enough time in the day!

177 Other Employee Reviews for Sony PlayStation (View Most Recent)

A lot of complacent lifers and out of touch

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at Sony PlayStation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cordial environment and some are passionate

Cons

Nearly all of those lifers are insecure about job security and created a fiefdom environment. A lot of meaningless meetings to put on a facade of seeming busy. Most of the people who stayed and remained at SCEA have become complacent and always talk about the ps one and ps2 glory days when there was little competition. ALL of the old timers have become oblivious. Clearly they didn't retain or grow because of talent or else SCEA wouldn't be in turmoil. Sony hasn't innovate for over a decade and these old timers who cling onto old technology is the reason. Don't want to get started with HR retaining good talent.
    No sour grapes but too many old timers walking around with flip phones, blackberrys, spreadsheets, lotus notes, paper documents, and outdated systems

Jack, either you and your executive team have become burned out or just out of touch. Unfortunate cause you do get people who care. Do something because you guys are being laughed at in the industry

Consulted for Sony for 2 years

Former Employee - Web Designer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Web Designer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sony PlayStation as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Great pay. Cool job. Flexible hours.

Cons

Misled about career opportunities. Lied to about job stability. Laid off after a forced 2 month unpaid vacation. And as a consultant, zero benefits.

Get real. Get honest. Respect the creativity of your employees. And nurture their loyalty.

There are newer employer reviews for Sony PlayStation

Worked for Sony PlayStation? Contribute to the Community!