Sony PlayStation

www.us.playstation.com
  www.us.playstation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sony PlayStation

A Good Company to Work For

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

I worked at Sony PlayStation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good treatment of staff. Perks. Relaxed and mature atmosphere.

Cons

Not the highest salaries in the industry. Biased towards the southern branches of the company in the UK.

Communicate more!

186 Other Employee Reviews for Sony PlayStation (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work at

I have been working at Sony PlayStation full-time

Pros

Sony Computer Entertainment America (Sony Playstation, San Diego - California) has a nice work ambiance along with friendly co workers and professional employees.

Cons

Very little supervision from senior management but then it depends on the seniority of your job profile. You are expected to enter and start giving results immediately without and training.

Good place to work for but effective management is a bit lacking.

I worked at Sony PlayStation

Pros

Working at PlayStation is pretty fun if you love video games. The work environment is laid-back in general. The company is not a stickler for when you get in or leave. People are pretty understanding if you need to leave early for personal reasons or need to take a few days off for vacation. The employees are nice and it's relatively easy to become close to the people you work with.

Cons

In the time I've worked here, I've come to realize the company is not as organized as you hope it would be for such a big corporation. Communication is lacking and sometimes things aren't done effectively or on time because of this. I think this partly has to do with how many people are involved in one project. With so many people, there is a tendency for projects to lose focus because there is not one person or group taking ownership.

I feel there should be a clearer chain of command or communication of priorities, so everyone can pitch in appropriately.

There are newer employer reviews for Sony PlayStation