There are newer employer reviews for Sony PlayStation

Independent place that lacks direction and vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Sony PlayStation

Pros

Informal atmosphere, good benefits, good time off. People can be very friendly.

Cons

The company feels like it lacks direction. A great deal of bureaucracy strangles innovation. Company feels like it's loosing it's competitive edge in the age of online gaming. HR is a nightmare. No solid plan for advancement within the company. Company doesn't mentor. HR has no strategy in place to retain top talent. Pay is low. Talent is mediocre. Japanese style hierarchy and decision making structure is out of place in Silicon Valley. The company "events" have become an embarrassing joke (karaoke in the parking lot anyone?).

Please get a competent consulting group in here to look at management practices! Be more open with employees. Hire talent with solid backgrounds and some real management experience. Stop hiring internally from the Test department! This isn't the 90's! Fire half of the marketing staff.

177 Other Employee Reviews for Sony PlayStation (View Most Recent)

Fun, Interesting but Yellow Badge BAD

Former Employee - Associate Producer  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Producer in Foster City, CA

I worked at Sony PlayStation

Pros

Projects are really fun and interesting. Co-workers are smart and good fun to be around. My supervisor was hardworking but easy-going and very supportive of the team.

Cons

Difficult to navigate politics with a few key people clearly holding the power & protecting themselves/friends--at times to detriment of business. Yellow badges are a nightmare. You have all of the responsibility but none of the protections or dignity of regular employees.

I'm sure experiences vary team to team so it is difficult to give general recommendation.

Good

Current Employee - Intern  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Sony PlayStation

Pros

They have very interesting work, nice colleagues, good environment. I really appreciate the exp. The pay is also good, better than avg.

Cons

Sometimes the job and the whole environment are not very enthusiastic. But anyway, this is difficult to solve. Still good.

There are newer employer reviews for Sony PlayStation

Worked for Sony PlayStation? Contribute to the Community!