There are newer employer reviews for Sony

Will always love my Sony!

Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sony

Pros

Extremely fun and innovative brand - always new products to talk about and being involved in so many industries means there's always new ideas and events happening as well.

Cons

Very little opportunity for growing professionally / career - wise within the company. Would have loved to stay longer, but needed to grow my career outside of retail while I'm still a relatively recent college grad!

Advice to Management

Stay supportive and positive - but try not to be pushy. It's understandable that you have to be assertive and make sure your sales force is selling, but sometimes the delivery of that message doesn't draw the best results.

reviews filtered by
  1. Some of the best years in my professional life

Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I worked at Sony

Pros

Top Notch co-workers, Exciting field, Best artists in the business, Excellent location in mid town Manhattan, and working for Sony brings a lot of clout to professional relationships.

Cons

Company is not progressive enough in technology. Many of the large decisions are made based on the interpersonal relationships that top management have with each other, rather than the good of the business.

Advice to Management

Make the excitement and perceived glamor of the music business a larger focus of the company by developing and supporting innovative ways to bring music to the masses, and then find the non-traditional revenue streams that will surely be available.

2. One of hundreds

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Sony

Pros

Fun environment but not fun to cater to super stars while your making no money

Cons

So many interns competing for little pay and interest. Boring work don't get to get into the exciting stuff.