Sony
www.sony.net Tokyo, Japan 5000+ Employees

Will always love my Sony!

Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsExtremely fun and innovative brand - always new products to talk about and being involved in so many industries means there's always new ideas and events happening as well.

ConsVery little opportunity for growing professionally / career - wise within the company. Would have loved to stay longer, but needed to grow my career outside of retail while I'm still a relatively recent college grad!

Advice to Senior ManagementStay supportive and positive - but try not to be pushy. It's understandable that you have to be assertive and make sure your sales force is selling, but sometimes the delivery of that message doesn't draw the best results.

Some of the best years in my professional life

Senior Director (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Sony

Pros: Top Notch co-workers, Exciting field, Best artists in the business, Excellent location in mid… Cons: Company is not progressive enough in technology. Many of the large decisions are made based on… Advice to Senior Management: Make the excitement and perceived glamor of the music business a larger focus of the company by developing and supporting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

One of hundreds

Intern (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Sony

Pros: Fun environment but not fun to cater to super stars… Cons: So many interns competing for little pay and interest. Boring… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sony.

Worked for Sony? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sony reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai. All reviews posted anonymously by Sony employees.