Still a good company to work for, used to be better.

Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst
Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst

I have been working at Sotera Defense Solutions

Pros

The company has grown so much in the past three years which means more movement opportunities. Benefits are in line with national averages, and they just upped paternity time off to 10 days, which is very good.

Cons

The company has grown so much in the past two years that they can not offer certain benefits like they used to. When I was hired all employees got an annual profit sharing of close to 3.5% of their salary put into their 401K and it was vested after just two years. Now the profit sharing is just a meager 1% and its vested over 5 years. The other draw back how the company promotes its employees. The company is a "favortism" type company where if you know the right people you can move up, if you do a great job, are qualified for promotion positions, you dont even get asked to interview cause there is no interviews.

Put out all vacancies for all management positions as they would with other positions. Have a 360 degree review process for its management staff since many of their first and second line managers are not at HQ sites.

Other Reviews for Sotera Defense Solutions

Great Job,Fun place to work

Current Employee - Production Worker  in  Easton, MD
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Easton, MD

I have been working at Sotera Defense Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good benifits,health,401k,paid time off,nice equipment, building has a/c,good products,people are easy to work with,

Cons

we are looking for new contracts now so work is slow

fins us more work

Opportunity to put your mark on creating a new culture

I have been working at Sotera Defense Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sotera is an excellent place to work if you want to really make a difference in building and developing the culture of the company of a company that also has strength and great programs. Executives are very interested and open to employees getting involved and helping to drive the culture - its an open playing field.

Cons

The company is in a growth phase and is therefore still resource constrained, however I don't think this is any difference than any other company in the space at this time.

There are newer employer reviews for Sotera Defense Solutions.

Worked for Sotera Defense Solutions? Contribute to the Community!