Sotera Defense Solutions

www.soteradefense.com

Still a good company to work for, used to be better.

Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThe company has grown so much in the past three years which means more movement opportunities. Benefits are in line with national averages, and they just upped paternity time off to 10 days, which is very good.

ConsThe company has grown so much in the past two years that they can not offer certain benefits like they used to. When I was hired all employees got an annual profit sharing of close to 3.5% of their salary put into their 401K and it was vested after just two years. Now the profit sharing is just a meager 1% and its vested over 5 years. The other draw back how the company promotes its employees. The company is a "favortism" type company where if you know the right people you can move up, if you do a great job, are qualified for promotion positions, you dont even get asked to interview cause there is no interviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut out all vacancies for all management positions as they would with other positions. Have a 360 degree review process for its management staff since many of their first and second line managers are not at HQ sites.

Opportunity to put your mark on creating a new culture

I have been working at Sotera Defense Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros: Sotera is an excellent place to work if you want to really make a difference in building and developing the culture of the company of… Cons: The company is in a growth phase and is therefore still resource constrained, however I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very positive, good people and a great mission

I have been working at Sotera Defense Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Enjoy working with the team, Leadership is positive and moving in the right direction. Comp and perks are… Cons: Workforce is dispersed across the MD/VA region with significant numbers of employees… Advice to Senior Management: Continue building a connection to the employees and evolving the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sotera Defense Solutions.

Worked for Sotera Defense Solutions? Contribute to the Community!