Sotera Defense Solutions

www.soteradefense.com

Great Potential with Poor Executive Management

Engineer (Current Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsThere are many opportunities to strengthen your skills and perform stretch assignments. There is ample potential for company growth based on the industry.

ConsThe executive management is fairly short sighted because they are cutting costs to save their bottom dollar for the next couple of months while hurting employees (Engineered Solutions) salaries and benefits. They are difficult to negotiate salaries when they close a facility down. Unfortunately, 4-5 hours of travel to and from the job doesn't make sense, which is forcing many seasoned engineers to leave the company. Now, the company doesn't have the intellectual resources to win and maintain jobs. Customers will begin pulling the plug on programs and the Engineered Solutions sector will fall apart.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the long term effects of your (executive, not managers) decisions. Try to compensate your employees for the inconvenience of a daily 4-5 hour drive. Consider the talent pool in the Baltimore/DC metro area instead of the Easton (farmers, hunters) area. No one wants to commute to Easton.

More focused on growth for profit than on employees

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Reston, VA

I have been working at Sotera Defense Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay is decent, Health benefits are good* Cons: No bonuses, promotions are nonexistent They only promote people if you are "buddies" with the right people Hardly any worthwhile prime… Advice to Senior Management: honor your agreements with your employees that you make when… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great benefits

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

I have been working at Sotera Defense Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros: -They have a fantastic health plan -Are very hands off with employees which is great if you don't see work as a social club -Seem… Cons: -Some would say hands off is bad Advice to Senior Management: Don't get a corporate mindset or you start to focus on the bottom line rather… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sotera Defense Solutions.

Worked for Sotera Defense Solutions? Contribute to the Community!