Sotera Defense Solutions

www.soteradefense.com
  www.soteradefense.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sotera Defense Solutions

Company ahead of its peers

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Sotera Defense Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Motivation of the company to move forward in these trying economical times, competing for every contract possible. They win far more proposals than they lose.

Cons

Better communication of vacancies, new contracts, and communications from higher.

Slow the growth for the time being, listen to your assets (employees), and generate a more appealing 401k system.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Sotera Defense Solutions (View Most Recent)

A once great company neutered by acquisition and sequestration

Current Employee - Software Engineer II  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Austin, TX

I have been working at Sotera Defense Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Speaking on the former Potomac Fusion (now, Sotera's DFA unit), honest management, interesting projects many with cutting edge technologies, laid-back atmosphere, free breakfast Fridays and occasional free lunches, nice building with Austin view, and very few cubes.

Cons

Questionable recent moves by management who seem to becoming less open/honest, especially that of the larger Sotera. Benefits used to be great pre-merger and are now mediocre. Austin site (and probably all "non-DC area" sites) no longer seems to be part of the larger organization but rather an afterthought. Lots of recent attrition of very good talent in light of acquisition changes and sequestration worries. Questionable near-term outlook in light of defense cuts. Not quite sure of our identity anymore.

We must keep our talent. Lack of exit interviews is disconcerting. Figure out who we are and what our role is in Sotera and communicate this out clearly. This lack of leadership is not a good sign. If you don't know our identity, the employees don't. If the employees don't, we cannot prosper.

Appreciate my skills, little growth for non-tech people

Current Employee - Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Sotera Defense Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Immediate management was ready to learn about what I can do and put it to use. I'm respected as the SME in my area. Good benefits, even better people. I feel fairly compensated for my job title.

Cons

The company has become too corporate-focused. Worker bees creating the actual success don't feel appreciated. Growth is great, but people are feeling more and more disconnected as Sotera gobbles up company after company. If you're not in a technical or analyst role, there's virtually no growth opportunity for you.

Put your focus back on the front-line people who create your success.

There are newer employer reviews for Sotera Defense Solutions

Worked for Sotera Defense Solutions? Contribute to the Community!