Sotera Defense Solutions
www.soteradefense.com Herndon, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

It was a good experience with a good company

Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee)
Herndon, VA

ProsPay was competitive / good for our region, benefits were good, let me do my work and did not micromanage, great PTO benefit, management was good and responsive. Small enough to help you one on one.

ConsHR department needs to talk to employees more - confused me on health benefit and I missed sign up period, had to resubmit my pay voucher 3 times before I got paid. Typical defense contractor - once contract up you are out of a job. In my field, analyst, there was no advancement - just a contract employee and when the contract is over, so are you.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing good, but help employees when contract ends - that is why I left

OK as long as your on contract.

All Source Analyst (Current Employee)
    Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Sotera Defense Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Supportive and fair. They treated their people well when they are on… Cons: No real support when the contract is over. There is no severance for years… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Left in the wind

Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Sotera Defense Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: No problems with an active contract Cons: Better know the right managers Advice to Senior Management: Do the right thing No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sotera Defense Solutions.

Worked for Sotera Defense Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sotera Defense Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sotera Defense Solutions CEO Deb Alderson. All reviews posted anonymously by Sotera Defense Solutions employees.