Sotheby's International Realty

www.sothebysrealty.com

Life at Sotheby's

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA more sophisticated group of people typically than the regular realty company. Some offices are more fun, particularly the Sunset Office in LA were I worked. A great brand name that clients respond to. Work the brand. There are some great interesting people there.

ConsThe owners NRT and their management group are very, very bottom line. They really don't give a lot of promotional support besides their brand name and are frankly "cheap." It's very cost analysis-- Business School type of operation based in New Jersey. All the different groups that I worked with had been apart of very special, luxury community based agencies and the owners were really disappointed when they finally realized who they had been corporatized-- no trips to Hawaii or New York for the star employees. The support staff's salaries were often cut, bonuses eliminated since they knew they could get someone who had enough money but wanted to work for Sotheby's.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe head of the local office has to realize that they will eventually be done in if they only cater to NRT and the corporate headquarters. The agents will either leave-- the kiss of death for the head of any local realty office or they will be shunned. I have seen this happen more than once. Corporate generally tries to place someone who they can control, replacing sometimes visionary, charismatic leadership that had a real influence in the community. Unless you are planning on moving out of town after finish your tenure at a local office-- your real loyalty should be with your agents.

Management and agents are fake and dishonest.

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Sotheby's International Realty

Pros: Salary was decent and the benefits were good. Cons: Unprofessional and judgmental. And the agents have way too much… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Sotheby's is like any large franchise conglomerate, but they do have an emphasis on the luxury market.

Realtor (Former Employee)

I worked at Sotheby's International Realty

Pros: Very creative corporate marketing department with an emphasis on quality. Cons: For obvious reasons, communication is slow to trickle from the… Advice to Senior Management: Probably should divide different markets by pricepoint and then market accordingly. Also floortime leads should go to the floor person, not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sotheby's International Realty.

Worked for Sotheby's International Realty? Contribute to the Community!