There are newer employer reviews for Sounds True

Good if not "great" intentions!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Sounds True full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment, period. There is absolutely zero micro-managing going on, they trust people to do their job (a con too). Very laid-back while producing informative and creative material. You are the ship builder, the captain and the crew,,, meaning if you have a great idea or creative process they will entertain or adopt a new idea. Which provides opportunity to champion your own projects. The work-life balance might involve more life than work. Pet friendly office. Good material and content being delivered to customers.

Cons

Been in business for 25 years with the same nonchalant hippie mentality 'the money will come'. The reality of the publishing world is starting to hurt a multimedia publishing company like Sounds True. A lot of business practices and processes are out of date (by 10+years). The lack of urgency and lack of concern with the financials are troubling. Too much weight is put on Authors needs and not how to drive business and actually make a product successful. Their are way "too many cooks in the kitchen." The whole company is completely SILOED. The over amount of trust management has in employees, which results in people taking advantage of a casual workplace. Zero future strategies developed to increase revenue, strategies consist of a mere knee-jerk reaction. 2+ more senior executives are completely unqualified for their positions. Nepotism lives with us. There are a lot of people set in there ways here, they have worked for us for 12+years,,, they need to progress and update their skills.

Be a little more strict. Develop a plan to re-purpose content, study the market and attract more customers by appealing to a wider & broader audience. Accept publishing is getting killed and move forward with technology. Retrain employees and have managers work in THEIR department,, not having sales managers or web managers weigh-in on every decision being made.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Sounds True (View Most Recent)

I want this to be the last company I work at - it's really that awesome!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Sounds True full-time (more than an year)

Pros

First off, the Leadership Team and Owner, walk the walk and talk the talk. It's a wonderful environment, lots of thought is put into employee events and most people at the company want to be here. It's their dream job and they love what they do and what the company does and it shows. I love coming into work every day and I've found the job I want to be at for the rest of my working career. I truly feel blessed in my position and with the amazing people I work with and the content that we put out into the world.

Cons

I think Sounds True is coming a long way, they are investing in their building and people and hopefully will continue in all aspects. I think their benefits are pretty good, they are keeping costs down compared to other businesses. They offer incentives when possible based on how well the company is doing. I think some areas to improve upon is salaries in some depts. but I know they are also trying to improve on this when possible.
    They have a generous vacation and personal time, that I personally really value.
    As far as I am concerned, Sounds True really don't have any cons.

Keep Improving in the building, the employees and the company and keep rocking bringing spirituality and holistic living topics to the world!

Niche Employer

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Sounds True full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is great that they allow dogs at the office and people are very friendly and open

Cons

The management team is working on being more cohesive so that they can act as a team with a cohesive strategy

There are newer employer reviews for Sounds True