Source Interlink

www.sourceinterlink.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Source Interlink

Great place to work because of what you get to do, not because of who you do it for.

Current Employee - Editor in Anaheim, CA
Current Employee - Editor in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Source Interlink

Pros

You get to work in an industry that is based on fun. The magazines are designed for enthusiasts. You are writing to an audience that really looks forward to getting their magazine each month. Each magazine is like its own company. The editor gets to make nearly all of the decisions about what types of stories to run, who writes them, how much they are paid (within budget constraints, of course), and what to leave out. Equipment varies but I've been very satisfied with what I have in regards to computer, camera, cell phone. Other publishers require the editors to have their own camera equipment.

Cons

Understaffed. Budget cuts (but who hasn't had that?). Lack of vision. Not too many slackers left as they have mostly been laid off.

Think outside of the box. New ideas, not just tinkering.

125 Other Employee Reviews for Source Interlink (View Most Recent)

Steer clear unless you just don't care.

Former Employee - A/R in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - A/R in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Source Interlink

Pros

Work hours are 9-5 with an hour lunch. Easy access to office from a major highway. Lots of nearby shopping for lunchtime errands. Office is clean.

Cons

Grew too quickly and management experimented too much. Instead of hiring people with experience in this type of transition it appeared that any old body would do and promtion within the company happened which could only be explained as a cost saving measure. However, the lack of experience was evident and the A/R department suffered for several years.
    Another downside is on your lunch break you can not use the internet.

Be professional. Stop making different rules for different people. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK.

Source Interlink only cares about short term returns and is blind to long term goals, lowering morale amongst employees.

Current Employee - Editor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Editor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Source Interlink

Pros

In the field I work in, Source is the biggest employer, potentially meaning better stability in a rough economy. Immediate management still cares about the employees and product.

Cons

Senior Management is only concerned about the bottom line and not about the quality of the product or retaining talented individuals that would make our company successful. In my field we are thin on people for the tasks that need to be completed, increasing the workload and lowering morale across the board.

Open your eyes and realize that while some capital investment (people, tools, infrastructure) may cost up front, it will be good for the long term health of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Source Interlink