South Carolina Department of Corrections - Columbia, South Carolina
www.doc.sc.gov Columbia, SC 5000+ Employees

Serve your community and find out what your made of.

Correctional Officer (Current Employee)
Ridgeville, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Department of Corrections - Columbia, South Carolina

ProsIt's an opportunity to serve. It's interesting and challenging work. You learn a lot about yourself and human behavior.

ConsPay is limited. You deal with people who can be extremely unpleasant. Employees risk injury every day. You need to have a strong mind. You are surrounded by cursing and vulgarity, which can easily creep into your conduct and conversation. You need to have strength of character to resist that temptation.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs in most workplaces, there are power struggles that sap the organizations morale. There are gifted people whose talents are underutilized. We have a large gap between the training manual description of the work and the customary and accepted practices of the workers.

Rn

Nurse (Former Employee)
Columbia, SC

I worked at South Carolina Department of Corrections - Columbia, South Carolina full-time for more than a year

Pros: Security and retirement plan and benefits Cons: N/a, experience for your own self Advice to Senior Management: N/a Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

As a Last Resort

Correctional Officer (Former Employee)
Columbia, SC

Pros: No pros for this agency Cons: Terrible Management, working conditions are terrible, personal safety is an… Advice to Senior Management: Clear out the upper management and put someone in charge… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on South Carolina Department of Corrections - Columbia, South Carolina.

Worked for South Carolina Department of Corrections - Columbia, South Carolina? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at South Carolina Department of Corrections - Columbia, South Carolina reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by South Carolina Department of Corrections - Columbia, South Carolina employees.