There are newer employer reviews for South Carolina FCU

Neutral - some experiences were very positive while others were not.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  North Charleston, SC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I worked at South Carolina FCU

Pros

Incredible benefits. Flexible time off - several days given each year, can be used as vacation, sick time, etc. Unheard of 10% match on 401-K. Outstanding in-house training opportunities. Nice, new facilities. Very well known in the area and growing rapidly - a prestigious place to work.

There are a good many women in management positions there, which is true of many credit unions. Women who hit the "glass ceiling" at banks often leave to work for credit unions.

Pay is pretty good, but not as good as banks, but banks can usually afford to pay more because they are for-profit while credit unions are nonprofit.

Generally, the people who work there are very friendly and there is a positive team spirit and a firm commitment to providing the best level of member (customer) service.

Cons

Some managers are excellent while others are not. With the poor managers, people are often hired or promoted based on personal reasons (i.e. social connections outside of work, etc.) rather than their job skills or interpersonal skills, and there is considerable favoritism which takes a huge toll on employee morale.

Also, the credit union is often named "employer of choice" for providing good "work/life balance" through reduced full-time shifts, leaves of absence, etc. -- but, in reality few employees get to take advantage of these programs, because they are solely at the discretion of the manager, and most managers simply refuse.

6 Other Employee Reviews for South Carolina FCU (View Most Recent)

Simply the Best

Current Employee - Service  in  North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Service in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina FCU full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I joined this company looking for one that had values consistent with my own. Found it! The organization supports many different cultural perspectives and places attention on leadership and development. From my perspective, management maintains an open door policy and strives to communicate why something is being done. Sometimes, this does not sit well with others, but for me, I understand that not everyone can be pleased all the time.

Cons

Realizing there is no easy solution to dealing with people who do not get their way then blame it on favoritism.

Continue to support the core values and lead by example.

Great company.

Former Employee - Teller  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Teller in Charleston, SC

I worked at South Carolina FCU full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere and co-workers. Great opportunities for advancement.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

You're doing great work.

There are newer employer reviews for South Carolina FCU

Worked for South Carolina FCU? Contribute to the Community!