I love working at South Shore Hospital, my coworkers are like a second family to me.

Current Employee - Echo Technician  in  South Weymouth, MA
Current Employee - Echo Technician in South Weymouth, MA

I have been working at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

Pros

The best thing about South Shore Hospital is the people who work there. They truely care about the patients and one another. The administration fosters a positive work environment, employees are taught to treat each other with patience and courtesy. Everyone constantly strives to do their best. It is also wonderful to work in the community that I live in. I have had patients that were neighbors, friends and relatives of friends.

Cons

The parking situation isn't great.

Other Reviews for South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

Patient satisfaction is what I enjoy most from my job when a patient is happy with the respect they deserve.

Current Employee - I E Receptionist  in  South Weymouth, MA
    Current Employee - I E Receptionist in South Weymouth, MA

I have been working at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

Pros

1. Patient satisfaction
    2. Benefits
    3. Happy with co-workers
    4. Satisfied with supervisors and manager
    5. Working together as a team is very satisfying.
    6. Being acknowledged by CEO, CFO, AVP'S and VP's. Talk to you with respect and even know you by first name. Will strike up a conversation with you. Ask how you are doing. Have even received a card in the mail because of a death in the family or surgery. Overall respect.

Cons

1. Living locally may know many patient's which sometimes may make you feel a little uncomfortable, want patient to know that their situation is private and never revealed that they are or have been a patient @ SSH.

1. Honestly, I do not have advice to direct leadership @ SSH. I feel they do a wonderful job there, make you feel important and essential to the company @ all times.

Decent place to work, but consistent underlying low morale.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

Pros

Hospital has high differentials for nurses who work at least half night shifts. Their compensation packages are pretty aggressive compared to hospitals in Boston and it's far easier to get here. The hospital continues to add new services which helps to add jobs and they do a lot of local hiring.

Cons

Initial impressions were far higher than reality. During the interview process, the hospital was made to look a lot better and be more transparent than it really is. Since the hospital achieved Magnet status, things have changed for the worse. There is little continuing discussion about TRUE shared governance and other nurse led initiatives. Morale is low in many areas the hospital is often not employee friendly. The fear of being "let go" for disagreeing with management is a serious problem in this institution.

Listen to your employees and talk to them when things are not going well. Allow free and open discourse at all levels of employment without fear of retribution. Employees must be free to respectfully disagree with their managers and also to offer their own suggestions.

There are newer employer reviews for South Shore Hospital (Weymouth).

Worked for South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)? Contribute to the Community!