There are newer employer reviews for South Shore Mental Health

Great job, Not the greatest pay

Current Employee - Rehab Educator in Quincy, MA
Current Employee - Rehab Educator in Quincy, MA

I have been working at South Shore Mental Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work with great people, and get to look forward to helping clients on a daily basis whether it to be something simple, or something as difficult as helping them through emotional difficulty. The company has allowed me to be very independent in my role, and there is a great amount of flexibility.

Cons

The pay at South Shore mental health isn't the greatest, and they require you to own a car.

6 Other Employee Reviews for South Shore Mental Health (View Most Recent)

Great experience and positive supportive environment

Current Employee - Fee-for-service Clinician in Plymouth, MA
    Current Employee - Fee-for-service Clinician in Plymouth, MA

I have been working at South Shore Mental Health part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Supervision is great. This is a building base for those that want to get into private practice, as you experience a variety of clients and good feedback from friendly co-workers. It's also hard to get fired or let go. The higher-ups tend to be forgiving and let the clinician work things out with complaining clients. I would say the ethics and values are solid.

Cons

No vacation days, paid time off, no raises, low pay, client no-shows, inconsistent caseloads, and long hours. A lot of paperwork.

The management gets all the money while the workers slave their way. While management is helpful in a lot of ways, it would be nicer to help employees that struggle with their pay and give them better benefits.

Excellent Employer

Current Employee - Clinician in Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Quincy, MA

I have been working at South Shore Mental Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training and supervision provided, diverse environment, employee-friendly

Cons

Limited opportunities due to space constraints

There are newer employer reviews for South Shore Mental Health