Excellent Employer

Current Employee - Clinician  in  Quincy, MA
Current Employee - Clinician in Quincy, MA

I have been working at South Shore Mental Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent training and supervision provided, diverse environment, employee-friendly

Cons

Limited opportunities due to space constraints

Other Reviews for South Shore Mental Health

Stressful

I worked at South Shore Mental Health for more than 10 years

Pros

There's not a lot of pros just some of the people you work with are fun!

Cons

not enough money for what they expect you to do!

I doubt if they would even listen or care!

Increasingly dissatisfied

Current Employee - Clinical Social Work  in  Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Clinical Social Work in Quincy, MA

I have been working at South Shore Mental Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunity to work with a range of clients with major mental illness - a significant personal/professional growth experience.

Cons

Poor pay. As Fee for Service clinicians some of your work day will be uncompensated due to high no show rate, significant paperwork expectations and need for collateral contact. Morale in the program in which I work is very low leading to a sense of isolation, lack of support from colleagues. Program management is lax at best. Very little support for clinicians in a high stress environment. Little confidence in program management because of the perceived lack of investment in clinicians, sense that favoritism exists. No raise in FFS rate in 19 years!

After many years working for SSMH I have seen morale decline significantly. I know that this is not true in all programs. Please provide supervision to your program managers to foster positive relationships with their staff. Otherwise the dissatisfaction and high turnover rate will continue. If SSMH wants employees to be loyal to the agency then the agency needs to value the work we do. You cannot expect staff to function with low pay, no increase in reimbursement and in a climate that often communicates disrespect/disregard.

There are newer employer reviews for South Shore Mental Health.

Worked for South Shore Mental Health? Contribute to the Community!