South University

Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at South University

Pros

Overall atmosphere is based on hands off management and reward for a job well done. It is hard work and it can obviously be stressful at times but I know that compared to many places we have a lot of great benefits. It is rewarding work and the school itself is reputable so I can feel good about promoting to students. We have meetings and lunch and learn sessions to keep up on what is going on with the company and departments.

Cons

Sometimes there is confusion when it comes to policies and it can take a bit of searching to get the right answer.

43 Other Employee Reviews for South University (View Most Recent)

Good experience, need more of an opportunity to move to different positions

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at South University

Pros

The pay is fair and the schedule is great. Opportunity for advancement. Overtime is available and optional. Big company that has good benefits.

Cons

Stressful atmosphere with quotas for new students. They do not call it quotas but rather your "plan". If you do not hit your plan then you are written up. Do it enough and you are let go.

My advice would be to support the admission rep's more. They give 2 weeks in training then put you on the floor to fend for yourself. You are in the training pod but there are too many trainees for one on one training so you "learn" by yourself.

Awful experience in Novi!

Former Employee - Rather Not Say in None (Italy)
    Former Employee - Rather Not Say in None (Italy)

I worked at South University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't think of anything positive to say. I am a student and former employee on another campus.

Cons

They take students money and can't provide what they need. I started the MSN FNP program and do not have the equipment that I need. The tuition is sky high. The administration does not know what they are doing but are all very arrogant, unprofessional, and petty. If you complain, watch out. They also like to lie to make you look bad. Not professional at all. Even if you have a waiting list, go somewhere else. You will save yourself the headache and heartache!

Hopefully, you will become as smart as you think you already are now. Admin is so focused on self, they fail to see what is going on around them. The place is a mess. Good luck buying books or getting any help with issues. Everyone sends you to someone else. Does anyone take care of anything in your building or are they all master delegators?

There are newer employer reviews for South University