South University

www.southuniversity.edu

Many positive experiences.

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsSouth University online has a great training department and they help new Admisisons Representatives with getting their feet on the ground. The coworkers were nice and pleasant and fun to work with. The facility was very well taken care of and nice to work in. There is constant training in your role. The benefits are great, plenty of overtime.

ConsThe students that the university is going after do not have a proven track record of success, so they are not bought into education or South University as much as they should be to be successful. Since it is recruiting (a form of sales) the bottom line is are you getting students in classes. Compared to other universities I have worked for and attended there is too much hand holding with the students. The line where responsibilities between departments is very blurry. The company counts on Admissions Representatives too much to do too many things and holds them responsible when students do not attend. Environment on the floor seemed very micromanaged.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many things that SUO is doing well and you should have more applicants and better quality students attending. While there I felt I was fighting a process for recruiting that was making up for other departments in the company. I think that a better marketing strategy along with new streams to advertise would help find better quality applicants.

OK

Online Instructor (Current Employee)

I have been working at South University part-time for more than a year

Pros: Can teach online from home Cons: Many students don't care about learning Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very thorough training and positive environment.

Admissions Representative (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

I have been working at South University full-time for less than a year

Pros: Love the managers, work environment, cafeteria on site, training, free education, chances at… Cons: Cubicle environment and is like telemarketing. Managers closely listen to… Advice to Senior Management: Overall happy with management. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on South University.

Worked for South University? Contribute to the Community!