Admissions

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Savannah, GA
Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Savannah, GA

I have been working at South University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping the students, receiving tuitition assistance for myself. My co-workers are all educated interesting individuals that I enjoy talking to.

Cons

Pressure, high stress, mulitiple departments looking over your shoulder.

Advice to Management

Consider ideas from the admission team. A more flexible work environment can lead to greater productivity.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. South University Tampa Campus

Current Employee - English Adjunct in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - English Adjunct in Tampa, FL

I have been working at South University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice campus Supportive Management Decent adjunct pay

Cons

Professional Development not differentiated to meet individual needs

Advice to Management

Figure out which instructors need certain training instead of making all instructors attend the same training. Offer beginner technology training, advanced sessions, etc.

2. Many positive experiences.

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Chandler, AZ

I worked at South University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

South University online has a great training department and they help new Admisisons Representatives with getting their feet on the ground. The coworkers were nice and pleasant and fun to work with. The facility was very well taken care of and nice to work in. There is constant training in your role. The benefits are great, plenty of overtime.

Cons

The students that the university is going after do not have a proven track record of success, so they are not bought into education or South University as much as they should be to be successful. Since it is recruiting (a form of sales) the bottom line is are you getting students in classes. Compared to other universities I have worked for and attended there is too much hand holding with the students. The line where responsibilities between departments is very blurry. The company counts on Admissions Representatives too much to do too many things and holds them responsible when students do not attend. Environment on the floor seemed very micromanaged.

Advice to Management

There are many things that SUO is doing well and you should have more applicants and better quality students attending. While there I felt I was fighting a process for recruiting that was making up for other departments in the company. I think that a better marketing strategy along with new streams to advertise would help find better quality applicants.