Southcoast Health System

There are newer employer reviews for Southcoast Health System

Cudos

Former Employee - Director
Former Employee - Director

I worked at Southcoast Health System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Southcoast Health System has a well organized structure at its base along with many great dedicated people. I believe they are a growing company that is dedicated to doing the right things in a quality manner. I would certainly work there again if the situation so arose.

Cons

The only real con that I have is that sometimes they were too bureaucratic. In other words, there was so much crossing of the "T's" and dotting of the "I's" that things didn't get done in as quickly a manner that they could have.

My advice to management is to stay the quality course that you are currently on but remember the adage, "Don't sacrifice good for the sake of perfect!"

13 Other Employee Reviews for Southcoast Health System (View Most Recent)

The first 19 years were very good, but with management changes the last 2 were a nightmare.

I worked at Southcoast Health System

Pros

At the union site, beneftis were excellent, wages were reasonable. Depending on who your manager was, there was trust. There is a strong level of workers being there for each other (even if you didn't like each other) when it really mattered.

Cons

If you aren't willing to play the game with a bad manager, you're always the one who looses. No brown nosing, no job. Constantly understaffed. Nurses came as new grads and immediately moved on when they got a little experience. Made for questionable patient care safety.

LISTEN to worker criticisms and don't always believe middle management over the peons.

Time off and Benefits off set low pay

Current Employee - Maintenance
    Current Employee - Maintenance

I have been working at Southcoast Health System

Pros

Time off is excellent
    Benefits are fairly decent
    Work with great people

Cons

Politics run rampant
    Senior Leadership makes 200,000$ a year
    They will spend Millions on paint, carpet and pet projects for senior management, only to layoff housekeepers

Wake up, the bottom earners are your foundation sometimes.

There are newer employer reviews for Southcoast Health System