Southcoast Health System

Not a bad part time job

Former Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in New Bedford, MA
Former Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in New Bedford, MA

I worked at Southcoast Health System

Pros

The health system offers benefits to its part time employees and a decent hourly wage with shift differentials.

Cons

The hospital was always short on EVERYTHING from patient supplies to office supplies, and they were always short staffed which made for a very hectic environment.

Spend money where it counts: on patient care.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Southcoast Health System (View Most Recent)

Cudos

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Southcoast Health System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Southcoast Health System has a well organized structure at its base along with many great dedicated people. I believe they are a growing company that is dedicated to doing the right things in a quality manner. I would certainly work there again if the situation so arose.

Cons

The only real con that I have is that sometimes they were too bureaucratic. In other words, there was so much crossing of the "T's" and dotting of the "I's" that things didn't get done in as quickly a manner that they could have.

My advice to management is to stay the quality course that you are currently on but remember the adage, "Don't sacrifice good for the sake of perfect!"

The first 19 years were very good, but with management changes the last 2 were a nightmare.

I worked at Southcoast Health System

Pros

At the union site, beneftis were excellent, wages were reasonable. Depending on who your manager was, there was trust. There is a strong level of workers being there for each other (even if you didn't like each other) when it really mattered.

Cons

If you aren't willing to play the game with a bad manager, you're always the one who looses. No brown nosing, no job. Constantly understaffed. Nurses came as new grads and immediately moved on when they got a little experience. Made for questionable patient care safety.

LISTEN to worker criticisms and don't always believe middle management over the peons.

There are newer employer reviews for Southcoast Health System