Southeastern Railway

www.southeasternrailway.co.uk
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Southeastern Railway

Too much lip service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Southeastern Railway full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly colleagues, reasonably relaxed environment

Cons

Poor training provision, senior management are not committed to developping and supporting staff. Bad management decisions throughout the company. Too many people hold positions simply because they've been there a long time, not because of ability. Overall not a high achieving company.

Get some decent people in from outside the industry and let them work some magic. Long service isn't an indication of high performance.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Southeastern Railway (View Most Recent)

At first it was a rewarding career which led to Stress, depression and illness

Former Employee - Team Leader/Duty DSM in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Leader/Duty DSM in London, England (UK)

I worked at Southeastern Railway full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you were not in management life on SE could be good, free travel, a decent wage, annual leave and a pension. It was a decent career to undertake and promotion was possible if your face fitted.

Cons

In a modern day company, You would not expect to have some seriously bad managers, and what made this worse was the bad management was in one of the most critical parts of any large corporation, it's training department. I worked my nuts off for a team of assessors only to be forced out of my job, because I stood up for my colleague's who were being bullied by a certain manager

Listen to your staff, especially the one's with seniority and experience. Listen when a member of staff highlights some issues, don't brush them off, as you would a cat hair on a pair of black trousers, your staff are the face of your company and it's policies

As a customer service provider, achieves 85% success

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in City of London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in City of London, England (UK)

I have been working at Southeastern Railway full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strives to meet customer satisfaction with the commitment and dedication of some staff. Outside adverse weather condition and unforeseen circumstances the trains are running regularly on time.

Cons

The staff are not given equal opportunity to rise to higher position. Background is still being considered to put some people in position which I believe should not be encouraged.

Experience and competence should not sacrificed for mediocrity.

There are newer employer reviews for Southeastern Railway