Southern Air
southernair.com Norwalk, CT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Pilot job at Southern Air Inc.

Pilot (Current Employee)
Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Southern Air full-time for more than a year

ProsWorldwide travel, flying some of the most desirable aircraft ever made for cargo transport. Great pilots, mechanics and ramp employees.

ConsManagement is too concerned about moving aircraft with very little regard for overall safety of crew. Management uses heavy handed tactics to intimidate crew and personnel to keep aircraft flying.

Advice to Senior ManagementCrews are always motivated to move aircraft. We understand the business model of our chosen careers. However this is not at the expense of our safety and the general publics safety. Listen to your crews and remove all barriers for safe and efficient operations.

Southern Air is a typical cargo ACMI airline with growth potential but a poor overall work environment.

Flight Crew (Former Employee)
Norwalk, CT

I worked at Southern Air

Pros: Worldwide travel is a great benefit. A great crew force and union make… Cons: Management looks down upon the crew force. The management uses intimidation and retaliates often… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your mechanics and aircrew as they are the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Finding its feet

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Southern Air

Pros: Company is growing, and has ambitious goals. Cons: Stingy for small beneficial expenditures, while extravagant for superficial statement.… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Southern Air.

Worked for Southern Air? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern Air reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southern Air CEO Dan McHugh . All reviews posted anonymously by Southern Air employees.