There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

Great Place to Work, Lifelong Career Position

Former Employee - Engineer I in Pomona, CA
Former Employee - Engineer I in Pomona, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison

Pros

A place you could stay at forever. They're dedicated to you learning and growing in your career and give great opportunities you cannot find other companies. Benefits were excellent, even still have a retirement fund. Management and senior engineers are very smart, knowledgeable people and are eager to explain the way the power industry works. Engineer I were required to take training classes given by senior engineers that allowed us to learn about most aspects of the company. Has a nice community atmosphere, nice people.

Cons

It is an extremely large company. You don't get to learn every aspect of power, there's many departments doing specific tasks and people within the department doing even more specific functions. But if you tire of one area, there's room to move around.

381 Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison (View Most Recent)

Great career building experience

Former Employee - Planner II in Alhambra, CA
    Former Employee - Planner II in Alhambra, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison

Pros

The salary is not the best, but the benefits make up for it. Management regards employees as team members not inferior laborers

Cons

The application process can be drawn out at times. I have seen the interview and hiring process go on for 8 months.

When it is management's responsibility to give approvals for projects and designs, there is often a hesitation on their part, delaying the project. There seems to be a feeling of fear to take responsibility for approvals that are outside of the design standard, the request can be passed along from one department to another. Management should take this as a action item and simplify the approval process.

A company with very talented people, but many areas of under par leadership and overall management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison

Pros

Excellent salary and benefits, lots of very talented individuals.

Cons

Very much behind the time technology wise, very poor employee management policies

Larger investment in internal technology applications, overhaul of HR policies and practices (take example of other corporate entities and their employee management policies), deeper dive into employee development

There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison