There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

Hope you don't get injured, or look to advance.

Former Employee - Meter Reader
Former Employee - Meter Reader

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Some of tenured employees really try to help you out and help you advance in company. Other employees with same title were very helpful at first.

Cons

No communication, between departments at all, from the upper part of the company to the lower, we were always in the dark besides when the supervisor would give us a heads up on stuff "they heard". Workers comp division is a joke besides 1 or 2 people. Most managers were only worried about their number and didn't care about employees under them. Some offices were very much "the old boys club" if you were new. When Smart Meter installs started winding down and employees were being let go, people stopped caring about their jobs. Lack of advancement opportunity during the time I was there because of Edison requesting a huge rate increase from state and stalling entire company.

Work on communication between all departments. Don't keep employees in the dark about company situations while you do your shady business and screw them all.

382 Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison (View Most Recent)

Disappointing delta between stated company goals/values and actual work practices at all levels of company

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Historically better than average compensation and stable employment for most positions in the company. Noble "stated" business goals and company values.

Cons

Serious organizational / cultural issues have hobbled nearly all of the strategic efforts in the company during the time I've worked at SCE.

Keep up the current housecleaning that been going on at the executive-level and don't stop until you've hit all levels of management AND senior staff-level positions as well.

Highly process driven & no opportunity for growth

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time

Pros

Retirement and other benefits
    No travel requirement

Cons

No opportunity for growth
    Culture of management by committee

There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison