Southern California Edison

www.sce.com
  www.sce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

Good Company to work for long term, right now in the middle of Reorganization

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Irwindale, CA
Current Employee - IT Specialist in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

really good benefits package, many people have worked here for decades toward retirement.

Cons

In the middle of Reorganization and layoffs right now. Future doesn't look as stable as it once was. The next year or so will prove that one way or another

keep focus on clear direction for the company and divisions communicating it clearly to division staff members without vague management lingo. It's easier to get behind a leader when there is clear direction where we are going.

393 Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison (View Most Recent)

SCE , A great company that provides a critical service

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Rosemead, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Rosemead, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong history,employees that care for customers,, take pride in the company and the important service the company provides. Good pay and benefits a chance to experience many careers while working for one company.

Cons

Although trying to make positive change, still too much favoritism and politics. Making change, but not well communicated. Relying too much on consultants rather than truly identifying inernal talent, then tasking the "right" leadership with a goal and principles and they will deliver. HR is broken and it seems to be getting worse.

You have a tremendous amount of talent. Use them. Move and stretch leaders. Be less concerned with meeting diversity numbers Focus. On getting the best person in the job with the right skills, experience and education.

Professional Trainee I

Current Employee - Professional Trainee I in Pomona, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Trainee I in Pomona, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Pay, Low Stress. Lots of food everywhere.

Cons

Too slow at times. Not many young people around. Boring at times. Hiring process was kinda slow.

There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison