Southern California Edison
www.sce.com Rosemead, CA 5000+ Employees

Incredibly depressing work environment

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
Rosemead, CA

ProsWork-life balance if you don't want to get ahead in your career.

ConsNon-stop propaganda about cost cutting and improving work environment without any focus on individuals. Many rounds of random lay offs and restructuring in different departments, resulting in even larger bonuses and salaries for senior management and above. Main focus is on "How great do I look in front of directors and VP", while forgetting that content and not pretty pictures matter. No personal accountability. Lots of redundant work for the sake of work. No common sense. Amother big issue is that even VPs don't have any say, except on spelling and choice of charts in the presentstions. Any level below is expected to agree and follow upper command, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring upper management salaries down to the levels where they don't feel like Gods and will start showing respect to their reports and peers. Open volunteer severance to the whole company at one time, check after, only internal tranfers and hiring might be needed.

system analyst

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Irwindale, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: easy job, less work, free time Cons: a bad boss will screw you up Advice to Senior Management: a bad boss will screw you up, so management have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stable Company. Weak/Soft Culture with no innovation.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Rosemead, CA

Pros: As most others have mentioned, the compensation and benefits package is one of the best around. 401k matching dollar for dollar up to 6%, pension… Cons: Where to start? First, because you have 30 year SCE-lifers around, they don't want to change. They don't want young people to "rock the boat".… Advice to Senior Management: If you want to innovate and not be obsolete, recognize the young leaders with potential, develop and RETAIN them. Explicitly encourage innovation and creativity. Discourage… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Southern California Edison.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern California Edison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southern California Edison CEO Ronald L. (Ron) Litzinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Southern California Edison employees.