Southern California Edison
www.sce.com Rosemead, CA 5000+ Employees

Change is........hmmmmm......

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Rosemead, CA

ProsGreat benefits and profit sharing for employees. If you are seeking employment with SCE, the areas that seem to be secure from reductions is Cybersecurity, Audits, and Compliance. All other areas are at risk for the next couple of years.

ConsThe dream to retire at SCE is now fading new to the everlasting restructure across the company. Long time employees are no longer working in the comfort of the family oriented environment, as the company drives to align with benchmarks and competitive markets, becoming just "like any other company." The transformation is necessary for the longevity of the company, however, the very 125 year fabric established by our founders is now shed and moving into a new generation of consultation and managed services. SCE...the new "consulting firm" Has a sad feeling to it as we mourn the demise of our earlier years of innovation, creativity, and a company you can hang your hat in.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you lay people off, please be kind and refrain from revealing big smiles as your empires expand. And re-evaluate the selection process for reductions in force. This is an opportunity to strengthen the workforce, and not extend opportunities to those who are risk averse and difficult to work with.

There are newer reviews on Southern California Edison.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern California Edison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southern California Edison CEO Ronald L. (Ron) Litzinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Southern California Edison employees.