There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

Cushy gig, but if you are young. ambitious, and want to move quickly it's probably not the right culture for you.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst I
Current Employee - Financial Analyst I

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Above market pay for the hours and the work in my group was genuinely interesting. Not a bad place to work if you want a solid 9-5 and you're more interested in life outside of work than rapid career progression. My understanding is there are large variances between groups. In my group the managers and people were nice, intelligent, and truly did care but were also bound by the limits of the overall corporate structure.

Cons

I was in a young group, but outside of my group the average age is a few years shy of a retirement home. Especially with budget cuts, opportunities to truly advance are limited and lengthy with length of service being #1 over merit. Potential to get pigeonholed on multi-year projects building skills that wouldn't be useful outside of a utility. Moves at a governmental pace.

381 Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison (View Most Recent)

Sharp people, vertical management, generally collaborative, some typical politics, high expectations

Former Employee - Program Analyst in Irwindale, CA
    Former Employee - Program Analyst in Irwindale, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Outstanding benefits (including such perks as profit sharing, paid gym, performance bonus), pleasant work environment (my department anyway), supportive management, friendly and professional teammates. Met people from other departments, SCE overall appears to be a pleasant place to work.

Cons

Have heard some divisions and managers are slave drivers and very tough to work for. Must serve 1.5 years in a role before applying for another position. Performance expectations are high, you better know your stuff, at least that's the way it was in my department.

Know what you really want the person to do in the position, tell the person exactly what you want and expect, probe and see if the person has the level of experience to do the job.

Good Company ... Going through changes

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Rosemead, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Rosemead, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company great salary plus benefits lots of opportunity for growth and development!!

Cons

Company iscurrently going through major org restructure.

Executive Management provide more training to lower level management
    Listen to your employees and take action on their concerns.

There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison