There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

Cushy gig, but if you are young. ambitious, and want to move quickly it's probably not the right culture for you.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst I
Current Employee - Financial Analyst I

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time for less than a year

Pros

Above market pay for the hours and the work in my group was genuinely interesting. Not a bad place to work if you want a solid 9-5 and you're more interested in life outside of work than rapid career progression. My understanding is there are large variances between groups. In my group the managers and people were nice, intelligent, and truly did care but were also bound by the limits of the overall corporate structure.

Cons

I was in a young group, but outside of my group the average age is a few years shy of a retirement home. Especially with budget cuts, opportunities to truly advance are limited and lengthy with length of service being #1 over merit. Potential to get pigeonholed on multi-year projects building skills that wouldn't be useful outside of a utility. Moves at a governmental pace.

358 Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison (View Most Recent)

Hiring Process For Socal Edison

Current Employee - Customer Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Specialist

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Edison is a great company to work for. All the employees are very friendly and make you feel at home right away. They have great benefits: Medical, Dental 401k, Pension etc. You automatically get 2 weeks vacation to start or more depending on the position your applying for. You can also purchase additional vacation time with pretax deductions on your check. =)

Cons

Sometimes it gets very busy and its very stressful. Your dealing with lots of upset customers and they naturally want answers asap. If it gets very busy they may call mandatory overtime with little to no notice.

Sharp people, vertical management, generally collaborative, some typical politics, high expectations

Former Employee - Program Analyst  in  Irwindale, CA
    Former Employee - Program Analyst in Irwindale, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding benefits (including such perks as profit sharing, paid gym, performance bonus), pleasant work environment (my department anyway), supportive management, friendly and professional teammates. Met people from other departments, SCE overall appears to be a pleasant place to work.

Cons

Have heard some divisions and managers are slave drivers and very tough to work for. Must serve 1.5 years in a role before applying for another position. Performance expectations are high, you better know your stuff, at least that's the way it was in my department.

Know what you really want the person to do in the position, tell the person exactly what you want and expect, probe and see if the person has the level of experience to do the job.

There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!