Southern California Edison
www.sce.com Rosemead, CA 5000+ Employees

Sharp people, vertical management, generally collaborative, some typical politics, high expectations

Program Analyst (Former Employee)
Irwindale, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time for less than a year

ProsOutstanding benefits (including such perks as profit sharing, paid gym, performance bonus), pleasant work environment (my department anyway), supportive management, friendly and professional teammates. Met people from other departments, SCE overall appears to be a pleasant place to work.

ConsHave heard some divisions and managers are slave drivers and very tough to work for. Must serve 1.5 years in a role before applying for another position. Performance expectations are high, you better know your stuff, at least that's the way it was in my department.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow what you really want the person to do in the position, tell the person exactly what you want and expect, probe and see if the person has the level of experience to do the job.

Employees who spoke up about abusive managers were chosen for lay off!!

Project Analyst II (Former Employee)
Rosemead, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: some good benefits, but Baine will see to it that… Cons: still so many managers, and all the abusive type 3… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the good old boys club that rules so much of Customer Service. The organization will NEVER improve… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Difficult being a piece of furniture

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Rosemead, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good training and development for young professionals Cons: Inadequate compensation, poor long term compensation policies, very, very poor… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to California, less to DC No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Southern California Edison.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern California Edison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southern California Edison CEO Ronald L. (Ron) Litzinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Southern California Edison employees.