Southern California Edison

www.sce.com

Sharp people, vertical management, generally collaborative, some typical politics, high expectations

Program Analyst (Former Employee) Irwindale, CA

ProsOutstanding benefits (including such perks as profit sharing, paid gym, performance bonus), pleasant work environment (my department anyway), supportive management, friendly and professional teammates. Met people from other departments, SCE overall appears to be a pleasant place to work.

ConsHave heard some divisions and managers are slave drivers and very tough to work for. Must serve 1.5 years in a role before applying for another position. Performance expectations are high, you better know your stuff, at least that's the way it was in my department.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow what you really want the person to do in the position, tell the person exactly what you want and expect, probe and see if the person has the level of experience to do the job.

Employees who spoke up about abusive managers were chosen for lay off!!

Project Analyst II (Former Employee) Rosemead, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: some good benefits, but Baine will see to it that… Cons: still so many managers, and all the abusive type 3… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the good old boys club that rules so much of Customer Service. The organization will NEVER improve… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Forest through the tree's resembles a deserted island....

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Rosemead, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Continues to have competitive salaries, pension, and benefits. Cons: Reductions of workforce and lack of respect for those exiting continues. At this rate, the company will go from a strength in numbers to....well....just numbers… Advice to Senior Management: Reductions are necessary, employees know that, however, the smell of the fish starts at the head. When will those who were "minding the store"… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Southern California Edison.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!