Southern California Edison

www.sce.com

Excellent company with great pay, benefits, and good management.

Technical Specialist IV (Former Employee) San Clemente, CA

ProsWhile I would not call it a family oriented organization, the management I worked with was always respectful and treated their employees well. The pay was excellent for the work required, as were the benefits. The work can be very rewarding, and I thoroughly enjoyed my job.

My supervision only accepted work done right and was always striving to excel in the industry. Always willing to listen and take action where warranted, management conveyed a sense of trust, at least in the engineering department where I spent my most recent time.

ConsAs a large company, the family feel that used to be the rule in SCE is no longer there. EIX (the parent company of SCE) is a business first. Since the electrical power production industry no longer guarantees that the utility will make a profit, that is probably necessary. However, if the worker isn't fortunate enough to get a good supervisor (not all are stellar) then SCE can become very impersonal. Sometimes there can be a riff between management and represented personnel, but overall I found the company willing to work with its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay closer attention to your supervisors and management to ensure they are representing the company with the values that are presented to every employee. The fact that a supervisor has worked for the company for many years doesn't necessarily make them a good supervisor or manager. Promote those that deserve it and show the leadership skills desired in a good supervisor or manager.

Overall a good place to work

Project Manager (Former Employee) Rosemead, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The salary and benefits are very good. Most of the managers want to see you do well and be successful in your job. There… Cons: There is a lot of red tape. It is very difficult to get approval and then you get dinged for taking too long to get… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management may want to think about adopting a company wide management style or philosophy. There would be happier employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Dumb and Dumber

Manager (Current Employee) Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Decent pay and good benefits. Cons: Most of mid-level management is homegrown with little or no formal training or education making them ill equipped to move the company forward and manage… Advice to Senior Management: Don't fear innovation or the future! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Southern California Edison.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!