Southern California Edison
www.sce.com Rosemead, CA 5000+ Employees

Declining IT presence

Project/Program Manager (Former Employee)
Azusa, CA

ProsGreat benefits, great people, essential services. There are major initiatives going on to strengthen infrastructure. Being a utility, there is more stability in the industry than in more cyclical industries.

ConsCurrent "Managed Services" initiative is drastically impacting IT at all levels. The stability of the industry is subject to political opportunism. The governor has done much to hurt the utilities industry, as has a CA senator. Job mobility tends to be limited by cronyism and nepotism.

Advice to Senior ManagementSmall, incremental changes will help ensure separation of baby and bathwater. Losing subject matter experts will be vastly more expensive in the long run.

Mobility is for the selected ones

Trainer (Former Employee)

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Salary is decent and benefits. Cons: Politically charged, HR employees nick name the hiring process as… Advice to Senior Management: If you are a person of color, look for another… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Average environment, but need to find an immediate good team environment.

I have been working at Southern California Edison

Pros: generally, good work -life balance. Cons: culture, culture, culture, culture culture No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Southern California Edison.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern California Edison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southern California Edison CEO Ronald L. (Ron) Litzinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Southern California Edison employees.