Southern California Edison

There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

Declining IT presence

Former Employee - Project/Program Manager in Azusa, CA
Former Employee - Project/Program Manager in Azusa, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great people, essential services. There are major initiatives going on to strengthen infrastructure. Being a utility, there is more stability in the industry than in more cyclical industries.

Cons

Current "Managed Services" initiative is drastically impacting IT at all levels. The stability of the industry is subject to political opportunism. The governor has done much to hurt the utilities industry, as has a CA senator. Job mobility tends to be limited by cronyism and nepotism.

Small, incremental changes will help ensure separation of baby and bathwater. Losing subject matter experts will be vastly more expensive in the long run.

423 Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison (View Most Recent)

My experience at Southern California Edison was very positive and fullfilling for the most part.

Former Employee - Telephone Operator in Rosemead, CA
    Former Employee - Telephone Operator in Rosemead, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In my experience, supervisors and managers genuinely looked out for me and always supported me in taking opportunities to better my skills through training classes or any other type of network event taking place at Edison.

Cons

Unfortunately, I was part of a Union. In my group, people with seniority were very self righteous, lacked respect for their job and rules, they were lazy, and often times practiced lack of integrity. Edison's hands are tied when it comes to union folks, and unfortunately the hard working people with the least seniority are the first to go during a RIFT.

Stop fearing union employees with an abundance of seniority years, just because they threaten to file grievances everytime they don't get their way. It's their way of throwing tantrums, and it works!

This is the one of the most Racist company I have worked at.

Former Employee - Desktop Engineer in Irwindale, CA
    Former Employee - Desktop Engineer in Irwindale, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The money was good, but as a African-American, I hated being there each and every day in the 'Computer Lab'

Cons

If you're African-American in the IT department.... Watch out.

Diversify with more minorities, and give them opportunity to talk and discuss in meetings, instead of knowing 'they' better be quiet.

There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison