Southern California Edison

www.sce.com
  www.sce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

My experience as an Office assistant

Current Employee - Office Assistant
Current Employee - Office Assistant

I have been working at Southern California Edison

Pros

If you don't have an education then you can work here. Its good pay for someone who never graduated from school or is planning on growing in the Nuclear industry.

Cons

I work at the Nuclear Powerplant which can be very intense, rigid, Type A driven personalities and easy to get stressed over long hours and little vacation time.

The reviews and concerns brought up by entry level employees should be taken a bit more serious. Sometimes this topic can be ignored and favoritism is what makes employees promoted to management, etc.

393 Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison (View Most Recent)

Good place to work. Well paid positions. Solar power creates uncertainties

Former Employee - Senior Business/Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Business/Financial Analyst

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SCE was a great place to work as far as a regulated utility is concerned. I observed that salaries (in the Finance area) are higher than in the marketplace as of mid- to late-2014, thus encouraging the competent and the less-competent employees to stay around. With minimal layoffs for poor performance, the weak employees stay employed long after they are productive for the organization, and this drags down overall company performance.

Cons

The company seems to be somewhat tied down and burdened by being a regulated utility that is overseen by the public utilities commission. Extra work and reporting adds to the overall cost of running the company and to the cost that us Southern CA ratepayers pay for our electricity. There appears to be a few too many layers of management that would be redundant in a more-competitive and market-driven company.

Company leadership (beyond HR) needs to identify, retain, and develop the good managers to become superior managers. There is no place for placing or pushing women and minorities into positions beyond their capabilities for the purpose of being regarded as a truly diverse company. This management “window-dressing” lowers morale and limits SCE from reaching its true potential.
    Continuous improvement needs to be instilled throughout the company from top to bottom- increased safety, improved efficiency, enhanced/improved systems and procedures will all keep the company on a path of growth and success.

N/A

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people, Good benefits, good food,

Cons

Too far demographically, for me

There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison