There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

My experience as an Office assistant

Current Employee - Office Assistant
Current Employee - Office Assistant

I have been working at Southern California Edison

Pros

If you don't have an education then you can work here. Its good pay for someone who never graduated from school or is planning on growing in the Nuclear industry.

Cons

I work at the Nuclear Powerplant which can be very intense, rigid, Type A driven personalities and easy to get stressed over long hours and little vacation time.

Advice to Management

The reviews and concerns brought up by entry level employees should be taken a bit more serious. Sometimes this topic can be ignored and favoritism is what makes employees promoted to management, etc.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Company in flux

Current Employee - Corporate Representative in Rosemead, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Representative in Rosemead, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SCE has excellent benefits. There use to be a lot of room to move around the company; however, the company is reorganizing in order to better compete in a changing business climate. This has significantly reduced the number of opportunities to move around. I have witnessed that exceptionally high performers will be kept, moved around the company and promoted, which is great. The work is very intellectually challenging and interesting. I have been fortunate enough to be in a group with really great management.

Cons

SCE is going through a major cultural shift. There is still a huge portion of the employees and management that are used to the old way of doing things. They are used to slow, incremental change. An environment where the customer has no choice. Paralysis by analysis is still very common at the company.

Advice to Management

In the rush to become more cost competitive, I'm concerned there will be an over reliance on out-sourcing. I'm afraid the pendulum will swing to far toward out-sourcing and in a few years there will be a huge push to bring back certain functions in house. There already has been a huge debacle with the down sizing and outsourcing of the IT department.

2. Fantastic place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison

Pros

Old school company and old school benefits (pension, 401(k) matching) and good health insurance.

Cons

Management heavy. Too much HR red tape for annual reviews.