Massive Change

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy working for a company which provides an essential service to many of the people of Southern California. The vast majority of the employees are hard working and caring. The pay is competitive and the benefit package is excellent.

Cons

The electric utility industry is going through massive change and the "traditional" regulated utilities have to adapt or face going out of business. This massive restructuring is causing reductions in force as support services are outsourced and as the core company functions are changed.

Advice to Management

Overall, the CEO of Edison International and the President of Southern California Edison have done a credible job of articulating the need for change. However, some of the newer leadership (less than three years with the company) are making changes without a clear understanding of the potential ramifications.

Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison

1. Satisfying

Former Employee - Supervisor in Rosemead, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Rosemead, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They have great benefits and great 401k.

Cons

You need to know somebody to get promoted

Advice to Management

think outside the box

If you have a brain run as fast as you can and don't look back.

Current Employee - BCD Account Manager
    Current Employee - BCD Account Manager

Pros

Paychecks don't bounce. The cafeteria was recently remodeled using our bonus money and we get roasted beef and mashed potatoes. We get free parking in the hot sun and pouring rain. We don't ever have to work very hard. We get a big break on our electric bill and we get fresh baked cookies everyday.

Cons

The CEO is a FOOL surrounded by WHITE MALE yes MEN. All the TALENTED employees left, have been fired or are working as hard as they can to get out while our Edison company is being GUTTED for no good reason This company has is in a life ending COLLAPSE and nothing can save this ship from sinking. I have been here 20+ years and can't stand what is happening here because diversity is a JOKE because if you are not a 50 year old WHITE MALE this is not the company for you. Women of color should never work here.

Advice to Management

Please leave before you kill the once great Edison company.