There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

Good intern experience - the employees are really helpful to interns and they taught interns well.

Former Employee - Professional Trainee in Irwindale, CA
Former Employee - Professional Trainee in Irwindale, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

They had a lot of intern-specific activities that promote team building, self-confidence, and networking. The company takes good care of its interns in training them and giving them tasks that are done by regular employees.

Cons

There might not be a big intern program with SCE these days

380 Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison (View Most Recent)

T&D Business Planning

Current Employee - PRF I in Rosemead, CA
    Current Employee - PRF I in Rosemead, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Generally speaking, I had a great experience in this group. Majority of the group was extremely intelligent and approachable. I really learned alot! Overall leadership of the group was great and definitely headed in the right direction as far creating a productive and forward looking work environment. As far as other internship offers I received, compensation was slightly better than average.

Cons

After re-org in January, I was placed under a new manager that was socially inept (background was in accounting so I didn't expect much). She was difficult to work with, not only by my standards but everyone else in the group as well. She was not very well liked by the majority of the team. This made all the difference in deciding where I would accept a full time position when I graduated (Not with SCE).

Trim some of the fat in middle management. The "old school" managers need to go. Corporate America is changing. Top talent will no longer accept the bureaucratic, slow, and out-dated status quo.

A Changing Reality

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Long tradition of providing customer service

Cons

In the midst of belt tightening

There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison