There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

Working here is great, if you are a permanent employee!!

Former Employee - Computer Operator I (Temporary) in Rosemead, CA
Former Employee - Computer Operator I (Temporary) in Rosemead, CA

Pros

As many here say, it is a very stable company to work for, if you are a permanent employee. You must be really dumb to get fired here. It is difficult to get fired as a permanent employee. I've herd people being in dissability for years and only coming back to work when things get a little shaky such as a department being shut down or relocated.

Cons

I can only comment as a temporary worker. Being a temporary worker here is like a mice running around with a cheese tied up to the end of the string attached to his back. Hints and false promises of future permanent employment is a way management motivates temps to work harder. All of my former colleagues where on the same boat. It is sad to see that. The maintenance workers would occasionally disrespect temps in various ways. As a temp, you are too easily replaceable. If I am taking this time to write about this, it must of really bothered me working there!

Advice to Management

Do not give out any hints that there is a permanent position for temporary workers if there is not. Do not use that as motivation for temps to worker harder and hit the, "numbers".

Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison

1. Administrative aide

Former Employee - Administrative Aide in Rosemead, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Aide in Rosemead, CA

Pros

Good Pay and easy job

Cons

To move up its all about who you know and not what you know.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees.

2. Employee-friendly and stable company to work in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Pros

Employment stability, Work-life balance, Employee benefits including retirement, Diversified workforce, Work-hour flexibility and Overall a friendly environment where people respect each other.

Cons

Not a true performance-driven environment, Things move slowly due to organizational setup, Culture is more consensus-driven than independent decision-driven Chances of promotion are less as compared to other companies

Advice to Management

Although difficult to change the culture of this size but a performance-driven culture will motivate the performers to scale to greater heights and provide opportinity to rise within the organization quickly