positive

Current Employee - Professional Intern I in Irwindale, CA
Current Employee - Professional Intern I in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison

Pros

nice people. slow pace environment. good pay :)

Cons

slow environment. not a perfect place for young people to seek a lot of knowledge

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Glass Ceiling

Former Employee - NSO I in San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - NSO I in San Clemente, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison

Pros

Good benefits e.g. medical, dental, vision, vacation and 401k. Pay is pretty good in the beginning.A lot of different jobs available.

Cons

Bad management, over paid management, this creates an elitist attitude towards rank and file employees. Managers cover a lot of mistakes up. Managers rarely possess the education or skills necessary to preform job effectively. Many people are promoted to mangers who have been total screw ups in previous job, but are promoted by inside connections or brownnosing. A supervisor who lied to the NRC was then promoted to a manager position. This was done even after the NRC recommended they terminate his employment. They promoted him in order to make it look like he was not part of the problem any longer.

Advice to Management

Look at the core competencies (education, experience ect,ect) of many manger positions and compare them with the many of the current managers and you will find a lot of managers should not be in their positions. That’s why SONGS is at INPO 4.SONGS is a chilled work environment.

2. Great place to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison

Pros

Direct managers are smart, hard working, strategic, supportive. Incredible amount of knowledge and industry experience that everyone is willing to share. Good work/life balance and personal support. Great way to learn about energy, strategic thinking, project management, and collaboration.

Cons

Slow moving industry, overly cautious atmosphere where many people are unwilling to take risks / move beyond their specific role, corporate politics can be frustrating