Southern California Edison

www.sce.com
  www.sce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

Very laid-back work environment, while maintaining a focus on progress and technical detail.

Current Employee - Engineer I in Pomona, CA
Current Employee - Engineer I in Pomona, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison

Pros

Great benefits, still includes the ever-more-rare these days pension, flexible work schedule, comp time, great PTO, very relaxed corporate culture.

Cons

There is a strong sense of office politics. Bureaucratics play a big part of day to day business working here.

There should be more opportunities for movement within the company. There are a lot now, but lateral movement is not as easy as previously made out to be. It would be beneficial to have management evolve from within with experience in different departments.

393 Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison (View Most Recent)

positive

Current Employee - Professional Intern I in Irwindale, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Intern I in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison

Pros

nice people. slow pace environment. good pay :)

Cons

slow environment. not a perfect place for young people to seek a lot of knowledge

Glass Ceiling

Former Employee - NSO I in San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - NSO I in San Clemente, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison

Pros

Good benefits e.g. medical, dental, vision, vacation and 401k. Pay is pretty good in the beginning.A lot of different jobs available.

Cons

Bad management, over paid management, this creates an elitist attitude towards rank and file employees. Managers cover a lot of mistakes up. Managers rarely possess the education or skills necessary to preform job effectively. Many people are promoted to mangers who have been total screw ups in previous job, but are promoted by inside connections or brownnosing. A supervisor who lied to the NRC was then promoted to a manager position. This was done even after the NRC recommended they terminate his employment. They promoted him in order to make it look like he was not part of the problem any longer.

Look at the core competencies (education, experience ect,ect) of many manger positions and compare them with the many of the current managers and you will find a lot of managers should not be in their positions. That’s why SONGS is at INPO 4.SONGS is a chilled work environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison