Southern Company

www.southerncompany.com

Great culture; True Southern Style!

Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe environment is great! Very much so like a family in the field and in corporate. The culture is great and Southern Company is committed to doing a great job. Will see Senior Management; they're not hard to find. For the co-ops and interns, we had monthly development meetings with Executives and Management that were really helpful.

ConsThere is a very large age gap. The knowlegde transfer process is a problem. Also, it's all about who you know. If you can get in the right networks and keep your face out there, you'll go where you want to go. If it's not your passion, you will easily get lost in the crowd. And sometimes it get a little too conservative. They are doing a lot better with diversity, but there is still a long road ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou all do a great job with the co-ops and interns, but continue that nurturing relationship when they become new hire; at least a mentor within the company.

good place to work

Engineer (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Southern Company

Pros: I think the work enviroment at Southern Company is great. Evrybody is nice and respectful. Managers and supervisors are interested in employes not only… Cons: Some times the promotios are different for some people and it seems like it is easier to move up for some. There is people… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure everybody gets promoted on the same basis Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The best run Electric Utility in the Country!

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Southern Company

Pros: They are a conservative company with a long and proven track record.… Cons: Promotion is not always based on performance. Advice to Senior Management: Continue to support the employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Southern Company.

Worked for Southern Company? Contribute to the Community!