Southern Refrigerated Transport

www.southernref.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Southern Refrigerated Transport

We need to focus harder on safety, and, security.

Current Employee - Driver/Trainer in Texarkana, TX
Current Employee - Driver/Trainer in Texarkana, TX

I have been working at Southern Refrigerated Transport

Pros

I like working produce and meat loads.

Cons

training department has been suspended. Some policies regarding teaching new hires: mgmt will treat new hires training environment poorly. Sample: trainer will stop driving truck due to a flat tire, steel cords are showing to be exposed, try to teach new hire safe practices. however, i recvd way too much communication from people whom are not on the ground seeing the problem and they will state flat out drive on the tire. Teaching new hires good judgement becomes difficult without mgmt listening to their trainers. Safety Bonuses: drivers must meet set criteria for achieveing bonus. Sample: driver must drive 33,000 miles in one quater, the truck must average over 6.0 miles per gallon and no accident occurred. However, if mgmt can not get the driver the mileage then no bonus is paid. Downside is: driver can be laid over for 7 days where the driver was available to get a load, but Company will not pay bonus because driver was short the minium mileage criteria.

Advice to Management

I believe, when discreation is available to mgmt for payout of bonuses and the employee has held up their side, where its mgmt whoms at fault by not having the freight, then mgmt should payout the bonus. Also, trainers and their judgement when teaching new hires should be emphasized versus clouded the judgement of newly hired employees.

reviews filtered by

Good equipment, terrible dispatch.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Southern Refrigerated Transport

Pros

The equipment is some of the newest on the road.

Cons

Dispatch procedures and attitudes are absolutely the worst. The blame can be laid directly on upper management. Communication is virtually nonexistent.

Advice to Management

There is no advice to give to those who don't care to change.

worst company

Former Employee - Driver
    Former Employee - Driver

I worked at Southern Refrigerated Transport (less than a year)

Pros

i had a great dispatcher. thats about the only good thing i can say about this company!

Cons

they completly lie to you about everything, from the pay to everything they told me. i quit with them after a short time. i took my truck back to the terminal and did everthing i was suppose to but now they are not giving me my final pay check...because of out of route mile even though i went by their navigation.they would have charged me $1.25 a mile if they would have came to pick the truck up. i was not under a load or anything.their medical ins is way more expensive than most other places, they say you have prepass but they charge you for it(learned that after i was in orintation).they charge you for everything. if you have a low tire they charge you $100,they only care about making money for themselves..DO NOT WORK FOR SRT!!!

Advice to Management

stop ripping your drivers off!

There are newer employer reviews for Southern Refrigerated Transport