Southern Research Institute

www.southernresearch.org
  www.southernresearch.org
There are newer employer reviews for Southern Research Institute

Sounded like a place I could retire from until I actually spent time watching managers work

I worked at Southern Research Institute

Pros

SRI is well-respected in the industry, has a great benefits package compared to other companies here in Alabama, and cares about the work they do.

Cons

But SRI is also a good old boy network, the managers are secretive, and the place needs some fresh blood. Many of the mid-level leaders have been around a long time and stay even though the staff has complaints.

Promote people to start thinking outside of their little boxes; shake up the HR department since they are mostly brain-dead; and get a sense of humor.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Southern Research Institute (View Most Recent)

Good

I have been working at Southern Research Institute

Pros

Benefits are good and location

Cons

Facilities are not so good

Steadily improving

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Southern Research Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits and flexible schedule. Current management team is working hard to make SRI a better place to work while ensuring we remain competitive and financially sound.

Cons

Growing pains are always difficult. Many of the existing departments need to be re-structured to meet the current situation.

It is apparent that there is a long-term agenda/plan being developed for the future of SRI, but no specifics have been published. This can result in confusion and rumors. Consider sharing the specific long-term vision for SRI. What do we look like in 5, 10, or 15 years?

There are newer employer reviews for Southern Research Institute