There are newer employer reviews for Southern Wine & Spirits

It's not a bad company - but they need have significantly better training - I received almost none.

Current Employee - Key Account Manager  in  Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Southern Wine & Spirits full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive salary, work life balance - there is a lot of freedom

Cons

Very boys club atmosphere - not much help from anyone. Also Benefits aren't great, can be extremely stressful if goals aren't met

Get better training, and have clear expectations of KAM's. Just be more visible.

131 Other Employee Reviews for Southern Wine & Spirits (View Most Recent)

Bonehead management and their "on the fly" rules, led me to quit.

Former Employee - Warehouseman  in  Shakopee, MN
    Former Employee - Warehouseman in Shakopee, MN

I worked at Southern Wine & Spirits full-time for more than a year

Pros

A paycheck, when I, or my fellow employees were paid correctly that is.

Cons

Where do I start? The company switching the pay period from every week, to every other week. Telling us that we can ONLY drink water, no Gatorade, or soda allowed. Not letting us listen to music. If we need to leave work because of being sick, we receive a point towards that goes towards firing us, or we need to make it to a doctor to get a note. As you can see they treat us like children. Update: I am happier than ever now, I work at a company that appreciates my talents, and I am now off ANTI-Depressants. Never work a 3rd shift job if you can help it.

You aren't suitable to run a lemonade stand, let alone a ginormous distribution warehouse. So my advice to management is, that they quit and apply at a Sears, or Target and do what fits them, stocking the shelves.

25 warehouse employees have quit since new night warehouse manager started.

Current Employee - Night Warehouse  in  Shakopee, MN
    Current Employee - Night Warehouse in Shakopee, MN

I have been working at Southern Wine & Spirits full-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekends off. 3rd shift supervisor actually a nice guy, even though his boss isn't.

Cons

Working for a vindictive manager from Florida. The day warehouse manager is even worse and worse yet, is incompetent. Very low pay for working overnight shift. A slap in the face, fifty cent 3rd shift differential. Paying $300 a month out of pocket for health insurance, while already being underpaid. Unneeded and unwanted stress from night manager, ad he/she spies and tells the last of us workers who haven't quit yet, how worthless we are. Since this manager started, over have the third shift crew has quit.

The experiment with making a person with no managerial experience a supervisor is not working. Keep a closer watch on the third shift manager, as he/she is making up his/her own rules on the fly.

There are newer employer reviews for Southern Wine & Spirits

Worked for Southern Wine & Spirits? Contribute to the Community!