I used to be proud to work for Southwest Airlines, but very poor management changed all that.

Former Employee - Ramp Agent  in  Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Nashville, TN

I worked at Southwest Airlines

Pros

The best and only benefit was the free flights. This only applies if your single and you don't mind riding 3rd which I did not mind at all.If you are trying to fly with your family you better have a plan B,C,and a car rental on stand by.

Cons

At Nashville there was not enough open carts for the offload drivers, and where taken by others all the time.I got off my tug after my flight to get my next flight info. which took all of 4 minutes only to see my sup. given my carts away as my next flight was already on the ground. 87 transfer bags were put on a old narrow cart making it very unsafe, unstable, and had to be for the most part completely offloaded, reloaded at each transfer gate with no help at all. Management did make and waste the time in writing me up because some bags missed there connection.What a joke it was. Great job on there part for placing the blame on someone else. Don't make the same mistake I did and tell them you have medical issues and your a diabetic covered under the FMLA laws that are supposed to protect you. They will use that information to terminate you as well.

After 8.5 years at Southwest I realize that SWA had given me a great chance,only to have POOR, Vindictive, Hateful management take it all away.I don't care what the cost is I personally will never fly, or recommend SWA to anyone at any time Ever. I ones was so proud to be a part of SWA,now I'm ashamed . There is no LUV anymore.

Other Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Great Company To Be A Part Of

Current Employee - Airline Pilot (First Officer)  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Airline Pilot (First Officer) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

I continue to be amazed at how much I enjoy working here. Like everyone else we have our ups and downs but the ups far outweigh the downs. It's hard to leave the family week after week to fly around the country but the people I work with here makes it all worth it when you have to go to work. Southwest is a family in itself and I am happy to contribute to continue to make this a great place to work. I watch fellow employees take the bull by the horns to resolve problems and truly go out of their way to make people happy. Southwest has lived by the golden rule in their dealings with me and it makes it easy to go out of your way to provide the best customer service when you feel like you are part of the company that treats people right and not just an employee.

Cons

The aviation industry has always been filled with uncertainty and as such Southwest is not immune to the forces affecting every airline. With that being said I have to put my trust in the leadership of the company to make the right choices and if the right people are not put in the right jobs our culture could slowly disappear. So the Con would be that the future of the company depends on our leadership and our employees to maintain our culture and as of today I believe it is happening but it remains to be seen if we can continue to pull it off year after year. I know I will try my hardest to keep the culture alive, but will all those around me not... "lose that luving feeling?"

Go all out and do whatever it takes to make the AirTran transition a smooth one. I know how Southwest treated me when I was new here and I hope the AirTran folks will feel the LUV because all of our futures depend on it. We can be an unstoppable power house if this goes well and I can't wait to see and be a part of Southwest five (or 25) years from now.

Great company!

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Co-workers, definitely the co-workers. Just a bunch of great people. Good supervisors, too. And overall, a good place to work.

Cons

Working on holidays is often difficult and stressful. People are cranky, they want to get home for Christmas, it's just rough.

Keep up the good work! Keep open dialogue with employees, maintain the spirit of fun at Southwest and keep on flying.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!