Southwest Airlines
www.southwest.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Great company where pros outweigh the cons!

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsFlexible environment, People are first, great atmosphere, decent pay for non-manager positions. Great career development opportunities where the sky truly is the limit at this company. It is a very rich culture.

ConsA lot of meetings and politics. You may have to filter what you say in various groups which is unfortunately considering that the right information at the right time is so vital in this industry. Job specific training is also lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementSurround yourself with the right people when making strategic decisions!

A great company experiencing growing pains - worked in Technology Dept.

Technology Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I worked at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: - Casual Dress - Friendly environment, most people are really great people - Values driven company - Great product you can believe… Cons: - Slow to make decisions - When decisions are made, there's a rush to action - Weak employees (including Leaders) linger, difficult to… Advice to Senior Management: Technology Department Specific -Communicate more often with your teams, tie the work to the values/sustainability of the company to give the work more meaning, promote… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

wonderful company to work for!

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)
    Oakland, CA

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: truly the "Luv" airline...great co-worker's Cons: none-very flexiable and great pay plus excellent benefits Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Southwest Airlines.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southwest Airlines CEO Gary C. Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees.