There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

One would be lucky to work for this amazing company.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant
Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Southwest really tries to take care of their internal customers. The pay is the highest in it's industry. They have the best benefits plan. The flight benefits get better and better every year. Their 401K match is going up next year from their already generous contribution. They have never laid off an employee in their 38 year history. They encourage "thinking out of the box" ideas. A Flight Attendant's schedule is extremely flexible. I can choose to work as much or as little as I want to work from month to month. This is by far the best airline in the industry.

Cons

Our CEO, Gary Kelly does a fantastic job in showing that he cares for his employees. With the economy how it is any job in the airline industry is on shaky ground. For the first time in 38 years Southwest may need to slim down their amount of employees.
The inflight supervisors need better training in their field. I have personally had many problems with receiving incorrect information.

I can not think of any more downsides to working for this great company.

Advice to Management

Train Supervisors.

reviews filtered by

You are now free to be the best person you can be.

Current Employee - Technology Team in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technology Team in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Freedom to be the best Person you can be! Culture is unlike any other workplace; Employees believe in each other and in the Company Mission, and are motivated and encouraged to go above and beyond for Employees, Customers, and Community. SWA people live and breathe the SWA Culture; it's contagious, and makes a person wake each day inspired to make the world a better place. Work ethic: work hard, play hard. Southwest stands for something so fundamentally elementary - service to others. Southwest is also all about FUN! Finding spirited ways to have fun while going forth to serve - how can that not change a person's life...whether you're on the giving or receiving end? Southwest is truly one huge Family - the airline takes care of it's Employees, and the Employees take care of their airline. That's quite a partership.

Cons

Honestly; finding time to take advantage of the travel perks.

Advice to Management

Keep our Culture alive!

2. Southwest Airlines is a wondeful place to work.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

We're encouraged to be ourselves and think for ourselves.

Cons

It's an airline - the schedule is horrible sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep us informed.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines