Southwest Airlines
www.southwest.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

One would be lucky to work for this amazing company.

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)

ProsSouthwest really tries to take care of their internal customers. The pay is the highest in it's industry. They have the best benefits plan. The flight benefits get better and better every year. Their 401K match is going up next year from their already generous contribution. They have never laid off an employee in their 38 year history. They encourage "thinking out of the box" ideas. A Flight Attendant's schedule is extremely flexible. I can choose to work as much or as little as I want to work from month to month. This is by far the best airline in the industry.

ConsOur CEO, Gary Kelly does a fantastic job in showing that he cares for his employees. With the economy how it is any job in the airline industry is on shaky ground. For the first time in 38 years Southwest may need to slim down their amount of employees.
The inflight supervisors need better training in their field. I have personally had many problems with receiving incorrect information.

I can not think of any more downsides to working for this great company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain Supervisors.

Southwest is a great place to work!

Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros: Excellent benefits, flexible schedule. Trade shifts to work as much or as little as you'd like. Working at… Cons: Working on holidays, week ends, nights, and a changing schedule. … Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Southwest Airlines is a wondeful place to work.

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros: We're encouraged to be ourselves and think for ourselves. Cons: It's an airline - the schedule is horrible sometimes. Advice to Senior Management: Keep us informed. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Southwest Airlines.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southwest Airlines CEO Gary C. Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees.