Southwest Airlines

www.southwest.com

Lacking in follow through and employee accountability.

Ground Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat benefits, best pay in the industry after you complete the first few years of service, company culture supports using your own ideas in daily operations.

ConsA lot of employees making WAY too much money and doing very little. The union can be a huge roadblock for management to hold employees accountable. During irregular operations, you are EXPECTED to stay VERY late or come to work on your days off. Some mid and upper managers have been promoted WAY beyond their talents and should not be in the positions of power they are in.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay extra attention to your station leaders and how they are holding thier employees accountable for customer service issues, daily operations, baggage handling etc. There is some deception going on in certain stations and it should be looked at very closely.

Embrace the Culture, feel the LUV

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The LUV Airline... it truly is. My experience has… Cons: Takes a long time to earn adequate vacation Non-reving from Dallas… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A fun and rewarding job.

Intern (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time for less than a year

Pros: Autonomy, and they give you the opportunity to stretch your… Cons: They are not hiring full time very often. Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Southwest Airlines.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!