Southwest Airlines
www.southwest.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Was there a long time and became more of a tool day by day, month by month.

Corporate Recruiter/Trainer/Customer Service Superisor (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

Prostravel benefits
culture that was people friendly

Consbecoming large like any big company began to loose treating people with individuality and became more and more focused on the bottom line. Not a bad thing but when you do it in lue of employees your ruin the focus and dis avow history.

Advice to Senior Managementstop hiring management that has not experience with the airline business and the culture of the company. Yes I know I am old school. And, change management is a process not a punch down take it or leave it approach. Most all airlines have died that way by the way.

Lacking in follow through and employee accountability.

Ground Operations Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits, best pay in the industry after you complete the first few… Cons: A lot of employees making WAY too much money and doing very little. The union can be a huge roadblock for management to hold employees… Advice to Senior Management: Pay extra attention to your station leaders and how they are holding thier employees accountable for customer service issues, daily… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Embrace the Culture, feel the LUV

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The LUV Airline... it truly is. My experience has… Cons: Takes a long time to earn adequate vacation Non-reving from Dallas… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Southwest Airlines.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southwest Airlines CEO Gary C. Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees.