Southwest Airlines
www.southwest.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Culture has changed

Technology (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsGreat technologies to work with. Good people on the team.

ConsManagement is taking the soul out of Southwest. They care only about the bottom line, and things like employee happiness and compensation are at an all time low. Contractors are treated like 2nd class citizens.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your culture. A deck party doesn't make a great job, but showing that you care about your employees every single day will bring the culture back. Do not alienate your workforce.

analyst

Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines as an intern for less than a year

Pros: benefits, perks,reliable,easy to work,learning experience Cons: low pay, limited travels, work culture Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for!

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Excellent benefits and perks, empowered employees, opportunity for advancement, play hard and work hard, lots of training opportunities. Treat employees VERY well! … Cons: Lower pay for corporate positions than at other Fortune 500… Advice to Senior Management: Consider increasing salaries. It's disheartening to spend years working for a company you love and watch people who left the company come… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Southwest Airlines.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southwest Airlines CEO Gary C. Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees.